The Botstiber Institute for Wildlife Fertility Control (BIWFC) is seeking a part-time Program Assistant to work two days per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from its office in Media, PA.
The Program Assistant assists the Managing Director of the BIWFC in carrying-out the activities of the Institute.
This would be an excellent position for someone with experience in Animal Welfare work or advocacy.
The Botstiber Institute for Wildlife Fertility Control (BIWFC) Aims to Advance the Use of Effective, Sustainable Fertility Control Methods to Mitigate Human-Wildlife Conflicts and Promote Coexistence Worldwide.
Under the general guidance of the Managing Director, the Program Assistant shall:
1. Assists the Managing Director in implementing the Institute’s programs and projects, including program research, proposal evaluation, grant tracking, and post program evaluation,
2. Participates in planning program events.
3. Assists with maintaining the BIWFC filing system and repository.
4. Attends events to assist with promotional and organizational duties.
5. Maintains BIWFC mailing list and replies to general inquiries from the public.
6. Assists with travel arrangements and conference registrations.
7. Drafts and distributes quarterly newsletter.
8. Conducts BIWFC mailings, as needed.
9. Assists in reviewing BIWFC materials for accuracy.
10. Assists with advertising and organizing BIWFC webinars.
11. Undertakes special projects and research, as assigned by the Managing Director.
12. Occasionally travel to meetings and events.
1. Demonstrated skills in planning and organizing. Ability to attend to several tasks in a short space of time.
2. Proficient computer literacy required; experience should include word-processing, spreadsheet, database and communications programs.
3. College graduate or equivalent.
4. Excellent written communication skills, including email and letters.
5. Excellent verbal communication skills, including interoffice communications and presentations.
6. Ability to work on team projects.
7. Position requires sitting at a desk, mobility around office and occasionally moving supplies and office equipment, when necessary.
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only complete applications consisting of a resume and cover letter will be fully considered for the position.
Pay: $23.00 – $25.00 per hour
Work Location: On location in our office in Media, Pennsylvania